Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving ... turkey and all :)






.
My wife's parents came in for a week's stay for Thanksgiving and the kids decided to show Gramma and Grampa how to do a few things. The piano was definitely involved (no surprise), but apparently (my son's word) my daughter also knows how to baste a turkey :)
.
The kids each (at different schools) created "head gear" to become turkeys. And we all enjoyed a good meal on "Turkey Day" - which I did very little to prepare :) ... but did help clean up - in a variety of ways :)
.
My wife always enjoys putting the decorations up for Christmas, so her mom and dad helped with that - and I took down large boxes ... and put them back ... as required in my contract :) But, really, everyone enjoyed the decked out front room as the tree went up and the ornaments were placed. The garland always looks lovely, and the lights brighten up the darkness of the long winter nights. Truly, we are blessed to have our warm home and the Christmas spirit in our hearts. It's a bonus that we can decorate to help us remember.
.
Bonus, bonus - my wife's new manger scene - which looks awesome and keeps Christ in Christmas in our minds, in our home. God bless!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment