Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Go, Pack, Go! Tubing!



It was a nice long weekend for the Vitense gamily. Saturday proved to be fun, as my son had his first basketball practice. It's definitely interesting going from watching a 1st and 2nd grade basketball practice to watching the Wisconsin Badgers play - but we did just that. Bo's crew beat Illinois at the Kohl Center - and that kept the day rolling.

We had some pizzas and appetizers for dinner while we got ready to watch the game of the week - Green Bay vs. Atlanta. And boy, was that fun, too. With the Packers' victory, we got excited and it set up our next "game of the week" - this Sunday versus our most disliked rivals - the Bears. Should be another fun one.

We made it to church on Sunday morning and then were also able to spend a nice afternoon at the Mall of America. Both kids got new shoes, which were dearly needed. Plus my wife got to exchange a present that ended up being not quite the right fit. We got pretzels and slushies. And the kids even got to use some of their left-over Christmas cash to buy some toys: an American Girl doll wagon for my daughter, and a Creative Imagination Lego House for my son. We came home and watched the rest of the NFL game(s). And my wife and I watched the movie "Inception" - which will now make me question my sleep and my dreams for a while.

Monday was another day off - to celebrate the legacy of Dr. King. And we enjoyed that on a tubing slope with some of our dear family friends. It was fun and the kids loved it. My daughter repeated, over and over, as we got to the bottom of the hill, "Let's do it, again!" :) And my son had several friends his age there with him to tube.

Alas, the weekend did have to end, and now we go back to the week ahead. Short week, thank goodness. My daughter is still loving gymnastics (that was today). And I'm sure it won't be long before my son starts asking about basketball practice (that's Saturday, again).

No comments:

Post a Comment