Thursday, December 20, 2012

The week that crawlllllled by

So, this week is going exceedingly slowly. Oh, there's plenty to do. But I just despise the 'getting ready' stage. Let's do this already! No more anxiously awaiting the next holiday. Let's enjoy it! When Christmas is here, let's celebrate and not move on so quickly.

Seriously.

I don't want to see any Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day or Groundhog's Day decorations for at least three weeks. (Ok, so I'm not going to see Groundhog's Day decorations, like, ever, but you get the point.) I want to celebrate with my family and friends. I want to enjoy celebrating the arrival of Jesus and then the New Year. I want to feel renewed with the hope that Christ has brought and that a new year signals. I don't want to look to see what else needs to be done or what the next holiday is. I want to enjoy THIS one. In it's season. So, I ask you all to leave your lights up for a week or two. Enjoy your presents for more than a day. Hug your kids (and parents) and wish them a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for at least a month. After all, 'tis the season.

That is all.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment