Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nice week with Gramma and Grampa (aka my mom and dad)




Gramma and Grampa have been around this week. They showed up on Monday night and have spent an eventful week with us so far. On Tuesday morning, Gramma accompanied my daughter to her Splatter Sisters concert at her pre-school (and got a little gramma-granddaughter time with lunch afterwards). We also had a nice dinner on the grill - Grampa brought t-bones that I grilled and my kids absolutely devoured :) (Okay, I liked mine, too.) Wednesday continued the fun, as both kids went to swimming lessons in the morning (with me, gramma and grampa in tow). Since it was Ash Wednesday, we were planning on doing fish out after my son's after-school chess class. Almost on demand, we got a call telling us my son's after-school class was cancelled, so we had a nice relaxing meal out and then went to a nice Ash Wednesday mass at church. Everyone was tired, so bedtime couldn't come soon enough. Today (thursday) has brought a fairly quiet morning ... except that my son had to show his grandparents how he skates - so out to the rink on the field out back. We had a nice lunch, and pre-school/kindergarten for the kids in the afternoon. Tonight we'll have a nice lasagna and see if daddy (me) can still play a little basketball, as I help the Park Center staff take on the students in our Hoops For Heart game. The sun is shining and today is a good day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment