Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How much do I actually yell at him?

Snow balls were thrown. Anger was fueled. Asked to stop, nobody did. Tackling ensued. Snow balls continued to be thrown. The anger grew. More tackling and kicking followed. Then laughter, as somebody tried to defuse the situation with silliness. Everyone walked away, unscathed. No blood, no tears, no foul?

There are two sides to every story ... and then there's the truth somewhere in the middle. Or, as is more normal in our world, there are multiple informants, with their stories, participants with theirs, and the truth ... well, only God knows.

My son decided that if the older kids weren't going to stop, that he was going to stop them - by tackling them. Not the greatest decision in the world, but what do I tell him besides, 'we don't fight' and 'walk away'? My wife and I impressed upon him the need to hold himself in high regard and realize that he doesn't need to do or say a thing to be who he his, blessed and loved in this world by his family, and God.

But in reality ... he fought. Not good. So there was and will be punishment.

And on this Ash Wednesay ...
"Have mercy on me, O God ... and cleanse me from my sin." Psalm 51:1-2
And help my son make better choices, especially on his walks home from school, if you could, please.
Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment