Monday, March 21, 2011

My two loves ...

High school baseball practice started today. I'm busy. I get to be around baseball almost every day. And I get to teach baseball to a bunch of young-adults truly interested in the game. It's fun ... but ...

It also means that I entrust my kids to a nanny for the afternoon. This is something that is difficult for me - a stay-at-home dad. I mean, I've basically been with the kids for the majority of the past three years. But every spring, I make the decision to walk away from them for afternoons/evenings to coach baseball.

So, basically, I'm torn between my two real loves - baseball and my family. Times get busy, and my life becomes quite different. I truly understand how someone can have two loves and have a difficult time choosing. Good thing I don't really have to choose between the two ... but every day when I leave, I'm still quite ... well ... torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment