Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Autism Awareness Month

Loving God,
Bless today in special ways all the children, adults and families who see the world through the window of autism. May Your Spirit burn bright in them and all who celebrate & honor the richness of our diversity during this Autism Awareness month. Grant us, O Lord, the wisdom to see your image reflected in all of our differences, and to recognize the unique gifts we each have to offer.
Amen.
 

(Posted this on Facebook today, too. Not sure where I got it. Thought is was great. I think we need to think more and more about celebrating differences, about cognitive and mental difficulties and disabilities, and about generally helping and loving each other for who we are. Seems to me that 'winning' becomes such a catch phrase in all of society. I'm as competitive as anybody I know, but sometimes I think we forget that life is a 'team sport' and we are all, in fact, on the same team. We can't please everyone, and we may not all have the same plan to help - but our plan should be to help. Just sayin')

No comments:

Post a Comment