Thursday, April 28, 2011

More than a week ...

It's been more than a week since I last posted. And it's been MORE THAN A WEEK. I'll tell you that I just don't like flying all that much - and I get to do it again in just a short while. Needless to say, spring is really weird this year. If you can call it spring.

As I type it is 38 degrees. It is April 28th. I am halfway through a spring high school baseball season. And it snowed yesterday night in Minneapolis. Just sayin'.

I love ALL my family dearly, but right now, what I wouldn't give for a weekend AWAY from EVERYTHING!

If you've read my previous post, you know that my wife's gramma passed away last week. We went out to Denver for the funeral. Funerals are never fun. But it was nice to see everyone - everyone that just plain loved Grandma Kelly.

I thank my mom SO much for coming up and taking care of the kids while we were gone. And ... while we were gone ... my daughter got sick, my son had at least two evening events to attend, my daughter had to cancel/miss at least four appointments/classes, the high school team I coach got 10-runned (and 1-hit), and my assistant coach got a lengthy call from a parent. Nice :)

Deep breath .... (sigh) ...

Now. With Easter and Grandma's Funeral in the rear view, what else is in store? We'll see, but I'm sure we won't be travelling in the 'slow lane' for anything else this 'spring.'

Can summer just be here already - or am I asking to jump from the frying pan into the fire? Who knows. But God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment