Friday, October 23, 2009

Sick days, ill days. Medicine and pill days. Yuck!

Well, still no pictures. It's been miserable here. We actually had a fairly nice autumn day this week ... then the snow/rain/sleet came. On Monday night or Tuesday, my daughter started to get a bit of congestion. Drainage and coughing at night and at nap for the past five days. This morning she started to dig in her right ear - EAR INFECTION! My son, on the other hand was doing fine ... until last night. He was REALLY tired before bed, then started to run a temp when he went to sleep. Over night, he got really warm. Warm enough to take some Motrin for the fever. This morning we got to take a trip to Ready-Care at our local pediatrician's office. Yep, like I said, ear infection for my girl ... and the doctor thought maybe strep for my son. We'll see. The rapid test came back negative, but the extended test will tell us whether or not he has it. Neither one had any problems in the lungs (thank goodness!) and so it doesn't look TOO bad. Hopefully it's just a 24-48 hour thing for my son ... and hopefully my daughter's gunk and ear crud will go away with the medicine. So, my son stayed home from school today for the first time. No perfect attendance this year. Oh well. I'm sure he'll be fine. I'll be anxious to get them better ... and hopefully pass on getting anything myself, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment