Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

So, we dealt with a few coughs, colds, and ear infections to end 2009, but we enjoyed the time with the family and friends this holiday season. Our neighborhood Christmas party was fun (an uneventful, thankfully) this year. Then our Christmas in Oho first with the Bautch family was a nice time. We had a good time with the Vitense family in Wisconsin. I got to go to a Bodeans concert with friends (Holly was sick with pneumonia, otherwise she would've been there,too) ... where I actually shook hands and talked with Steve Stricker before he bought us a beer. (For those not aware - Steve's the number 3 golfer in the world and went 4-0 at the President's Cup this past year as Tiger's partner.) We enjoyed our New Year's celebration with a few friends and neighors, as well.

I, personally enjoyed a nice week or so in which the Packers got win number 10 and clinched a playoff birth, the Vikings (or Viqueens, as I call them) lost, the Badger football team won their bowl game, the Badger basketball team won two games (including today), and the Packers finished their regular season off well - with a win, I hope! (the game is actually 26-0 in the second quarter as I type - I'm unable to watch because I live in MN)

2010 brought many nice things for us. I, personally, became a head varsity baseball coach at the high school level this spring. Baseball also was a part of our son's life this spring/summer, as he participated (very well, if I do say so) in a t-ball/coach-pitch league. My batting average this summer reached a Minnesota best of .345 and the Cubs won every game we went to see (4-0, I think?). Our son also participated in a soccer program with a friend and learned a lot. The little girl in the family decided to start taking dance classes - and loves them! My wife looked around her company for some more responsibilities and more experiences and ended up taking a new job (with a raise) that makes her a project manager.

I still stay at home with the kids everyday, but this fall, our son started kindergarten (and is doing really well) and our daughter began pre-school classes twice a week (and she is doing well, also). Swimming is going great for my son - he even can do the front crawl with alternating breathing (wow!). I know I always forget things, but I should mention that we went to Oho for the Fourth of July and for the week before Christmas. We also spent a week at the Dells with my parents and my brother's family, spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house and Christmas Day at my Aunt's house in Wisconsin.

All in all, it's been a good year. I'm enjoying staying home and hope that I continue to learn and grow as a stay-at-home dad. The new year brings us renewed hope and faith in ourselves, our family, our friends, our community, our nation, and our world. My dedication is to giving - to my children, my wife, my family and friends, and to others, in general. Things are good. I know this. And I will continue to believe - in God, in myself, and in others.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment