Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Update time ...

I know that it's been a few days since my last post. Sorry. We were all (my wife, kids, and I) enjoying a nice weekend with my brother, sister-in-law, cousins, and my parents in Wisconsin Dells. There really isn't anything quite like being able to spend the entire weekend relaxing by the pools and water parks. We also enjoyed nine holes of golf with Dad on Monday morning, a night out to celebrate anniversaries with my brother and his wife on Saturday, and even a small birthday celebration for three of the four kiddos on Friday night. Got to see one of my cousins and his family on Saturday, as they joined us at the waterparks, and got to see my aunt, uncle, and another cousin on Sunday, too.

We are definitely blessed. I can't thank my parents enough for setting this up and paying for the whole deal each summer. The Wilderness Resort has been a nice respit during hot summer months each of the last few years. And another big thanks goes out to a few of my brother's friends who have helped set us up (without provocation) with what we need, including a nice cabana the last couple of years. We definitely enjoyed hanging out with them Saturday night after dinner, as well.
Pictures will be forthcoming, but for now, just know: vacation was fun. home safe is good. and we are blessed.

PS - house remodel still looks good. fireplace refacing, appliance delivery, and granite countertop install this week! pictures to follow. we're getting close!

No comments:

Post a Comment