Thursday, January 14, 2010

My 6-yr-old beat me at chess for the first time!



Okay, some history ... the kids don't ALWAYS get alone, so the last picture, with them sitting on the little chair closest to the television, shows how much they can both get into a TV show (mostly PBS or NICKJR - so somewhat educational). They also both like to use the digital camera (which we don't mind, since it doesn't really cost anything when they take pictures - and they're both pretty good about not dropping it or hurting the camera). It proves for some interesting pics. My son took the picture of my daughter ... and my daughter took the picture of my son :) I'm not really sure who took the picture of the coffee-maker, but oh well :)
The top picture shows the final position of the board when my 6-yr-old beat me at chess for the first time. Okay, so I'm not THAT good! :) I did help him figure out some moves and he really kind of stumbled into a great finish - and I messed up by not noticing it, of course - but he really beat me, so we got some visual evidence for the archives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment