Friday, March 16, 2012

Do you ever feel needed?

I do. That may seem like an interesting thing to hear from a stay-at-home dad, but sometimes we can all get caught up in the rut of everyday life. It seems like the things we do are just things to be done. And it seems like people take the things we do for granted - that even we, ourselves, take what we do for granted. Of course, this isn't always the case. And I've felt both ways lately - taken for granted ... and needed. (but ALWAYS loved!)

Spring has rolled around and I'm not coaching high school baseball. Well, at least I thought I wasn't. After resigning from my position as head coach at a local high school, I thought that my masters program and two more years of part-time school for my youngest would together proclude me from coaching. I got a call on Friday. Made me feel good to be wanted. Maybe I will coach this spring :)

Of course, yesterday was cool, too. My wife hugged me good. And told me what a great dad I was. And told me how much she appreciates everything I do for the kids. I truly felt needed (and ALWAYS loved!) That's my wife. Love her :)
http://theautumngreen.wordpress.com/2011/08/11/one-hug-and-one-smile/

No comments:

Post a Comment