Monday, April 19, 2010

Good weekend :)

So, the weekend started out on Friday with me receiving news that my starting second-baseman and relief pitcher has mono. Yeah! (That totally blows.) My starting third-baseman already has a hip flexor problem, so I had to play an outfielder in the infield on Thursday already.
.
But then the weekend took off! Got an email that told me what team my son was on, where he practices and plays, and that he made the same team as a friend from the neighborhood. Yeah! (Good thing this time!) Did I mention that I received the email while my wife and I were on our way to the Twins' first night game at Target Field?
.

.
We parked at a transit center and took the "Twins Express" round trip to the stadium and back. Yeah! (How easy! and affordable!) We enjoyed everything (except trying to get to our seats through the mass of humanity once we got on the concourse an hour before game time). Greinke couldn't find the strike zone for the Royals, and of course the Twins took full advantage. Final was 10-3. I believe that's the second time in my life that I've helped a team out by getting them a win at their first night game in their stadium. The last one was about 22 years ago, though, so I haven't had too much practice at this :)
.
Saturday was a good time, too, of course. Sprinkler guy came out to give us a quote. Baseball practice at PC was good. Weather was nice. My assistant coach came over and spent the day with us. I grilled lunch and dinner. The kids had a blast outside all day.
.
Sunday brought church, coffee, the paper. My wife cleaned out the cars. I got the hoses going on our outside spigots. I ended up golfing nine holes with a couple neighbors. Kids played outside all day again. Made it to my booster club meeting. And still got home to read books to the kids before they went to sleep.
.
Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment