Sunday, June 13, 2010

Last day of school!


My son is officially a first grader! Wow! Last day of kindergarten was Friday and he brought home all his "stuff" :) He wasn't nearly as excited as his mother, but maybe he just takes after his father in his "ho-hum" approach to school. We'll see :)

Our friends next door had a root-beer float party on their deck to signify the end of the school year and the "true" start to summer. The rain held off, and fun was had by all.

The rest of the weekend was pretty enjoyable, although playing baseball in the rain (and mud) on Saturday wasn't as fun as it used to be. (This 34-year-old body doesn't do as well behind the plate on a day-game after a night-game scenario as it used to.) I did get to go to a nice graduation party for one of our baseball captains from this season and take my son with me to my game.

Then, of course, church was enjoyable on Sunday, and we also enjoyed a Maple Grove "Mom's Club" end of the season "picnic" at a local establishment. (The bar and grill actually has a nice area for the kids to play at outside - with full swing-set/tree-house/monkey-bar set up and sand volleyball courts.) The kids had fun. The food was good. And my son had soccer afterwards. Now, I should be in bed, but of course am not. Have a good week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment