Monday, November 28, 2011

Great weekend!

So, the weekend started out with a thud as I got some sort of stomach bug and ended up delaying the family trip back to Sun Prairie for Thanksgiving. Instead of heading back on Wednesday after school/work, the sick one (me) slept as much as possible; then we headed out around 8am so we could watch almost all of the Packer game.

They won. The Packers, that is. It was nice to watch the game with my dad. We enjoyed watching the team go to 11-0 on the year. I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing my fantasy combo of Romo and Robinson do some damage on Thanksgiving and help me secure some points. Dinner was great - as usual. Mom prepared a great meal with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and a great homemade apple pie :)

My wife and mom hit the stores at midnight and got some great deals. Friday, we did some relaxing (and some additional shopping). And my brother and his family came home later that night.

Saturday was a pretty special day, then. My son and I enjoyed the Badgers thumping the Nittany Lions (and securing a spot in the innaugural Big Ten Championship Game). It rained, but we were warm and loved seeing Montee Ball up his TD total to 34. Once I told my son about his total, he kept track and told me the number as Ball scored his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th TDs of the day.

That night, we surprised my mom and dad on their 40th anniversary. More than 50 of their family and friends got together at a local restaurant, and we relaxed and enjoyed time together and some after-dinner snacks and drinks. My mom and dad had ZERO clue. But they enjoyed the night - as we all did.

Happy Anniversary (a day late), Mom and Dad!

You are great role models - and 40 years says so much to all of us. Wishing you many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment