Wednesday, March 24, 2010

1 Thessalonians 5:14; Prayer of St. Francis

"And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone." (NIV)

But in patience, we need release. And today, I release ...

So .... let me begin by definining irritating. Irritating is not being taken seriously ... or seriously ENOUGH. Irritating is being held accountable not only for your own job ... but for others' jobs as well ... even when THAT isn't your job. Irritating is being asked a question to which the other person already KNOWS the answer ... or at least, they know what THEY THINK is the answer (and proceed to not listen or believe yours). Irritating is loving what you are SUPPOSED to do ... but not being allowed to do it. Irritating is having to let good PEOPLE go because they don't have the skills ... even though those that do have the skills really could use some lessons in being better PEOPLE.

Not taking responsibility is irritating.
Not taking precaution is irritating.
Not being open-minded is irritating.
Not letting me be me is irritating.

Okay, it's my fault. I'll take the blame. Lay it on me. I've got broad shoulders. And a loving family. I'm honest. I try to be unselfish. I hope that I'm modest and humble. And I'll try to work hard to improve whatever I can. For, I'm nowhere near perfect, but I strive for perfection ... for a better day tomorrow ... for everyone in my life, and many that are not.

I'm done venting now. God bless all of you who have read this far.

Spread the love :)

... and say a prayer? (The Prayer of St. Francis follows)

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment