Saturday, July 23, 2011

Minnesota Zoo ... Penguins and Dolphins

As a HUGE BoDeans fan, I was extrememly disappointed when I couldn't get tickets to the BoDeans concert at the MN Zoo Amphitheater for Friday night. Never mind that I had advanced access to tickets as a Minnesota Zoo member. Five minutes after the advance ticket purchase opened I logged in on the prescribed day to find out that only single tickets were available.

I looked at StubHub but the tickets were going for three to four times the face value. Never mind that the tickets weren't even available to the general public for another day. Oh well. Long story short - yesterday was the day of the concert, so the kids and I went to the zoo yesterday during the day instead of my wife and I going to the concert.
Here are the pics. Not nearly as exciting as the BoDeans in concert, but a lot cuter!
Watching monkeys with Curious George in tow.

Sitting with the new African Penguins ... and little Pengy (the stuffed one).

Touching the sand sharks.


Waiting for the dolphin training session.

Little smooch for the dolphin?

Don't ALL animals like a little belly run?

A little reward for good behavior.

Pirouette ... a dancer?

Sea Otter doing a somersault in the water.

Bears even think it's too hot. Sleeping.

"Who are these people and when did they move in next door?"

"No, you may not borrow a cup of sugar!"

"How you doo-in'?"

Mist station respite.

Horses, horses, horses, horses ...




Beautiful morning at the Minnesota Zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment