Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Distractions - Snowmobiling


While going to the community center to pick up our Globetrotter tickets, my daughter got pretty upset that only my son and I would be getting tickets for the game. I'm not sure whether or not she was actually upset that she wasn't going to be able to go to the game. I think she was just upset that she wouldn't get a ticket. Anyway, to distract her, I told them that I would let them ride the snowmobile that they have in the lobby. Usually we get on and take a pretend ride without putting the coins in to make it go. (It's one of those children's rides that takes 75 cents to make go) After each of the kids got their own turn "riding" it without moving, they got on together and had a blast. And I tell you what - they got their money's worth. It went for a long time. I couldn't believe it, to be honest. The big guy loved driving, and his sister held on to him for dear life (well, not really - but she did hold on). I wish I would've had my camera or camcorder. I have to start taking them with us - they're both so small - and they take way better pictures than my phone. Oh well. This'll have to do for now. At least we weren't actually out on any snow while we snowmobiled today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment