Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

I've found it a lot harder to 'fast' over the last four years while staying home with the kids. When I'm hungry, I usually eat - not thinking much about it. I've always had a hard time remembering that it is Friday over course of Lent, too. More than once, I have asked for forgiveness for forgetting about my commitment not to eat meat on Fridays. This year, I pledge to be better ... in many ways. Maybe it'll help that I'm a proclaimer in church now ... and a volunteer for faith formation. Maybe. I know it won't hurt to help remind me ... especially since I read the first reading this past Sunday and will do so again tonight at Ash Wednesday service.


"Remember that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return." - Genesis 3:19
"Turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel." - Mark 1:15

No comments:

Post a Comment