Saturday, August 8, 2009

Have you ever seen the rain?

"I want to know - have you ever seen the rain ... comin' down on a sunny day?"

Not today! It's overcast but raining ... a lot!

Seriously? We went, like, all summer without getting any rain here in Minny. We're making up for it with the last 24-48 hours. We got over an inch yesterday and even more this morning (I know we got the inch yesterday, but I'm guessing for today, since I don't have a rain gauge here at the house). But ... I'm pretty sure I could swim on the baseball field in the park out back. And ... I won't need to water the lawn for the next week and a half. Needless to say, my yard will be green again ... Yeah! Mother Nature is a wonderful natural sprinkler system ... when she's in a good mood :)

I just hope the rain doesn't wash out the fun we're supposed to have today ... neighbors' big party on the lake ... and sub-section championship game for baseball tonight. Oh well. There's always Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment