Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Really, USPS?!?! Really?!?!

I'm going back to school this fall - or at least I HOPE to go back to school. I checked out a few grad schools in the cities and decided that Concordia-St Paul would be the best fit. Online classes that meet what I want to learn. Least expensive option, plus, the advisor I met with was really accomodating and made me feel like things would work out. Anyway ...

I printed out all the application material, requested transcripts sent, and filled everything out, including the writing of check for the application fee. Went to the post office on Monday to mail it. Had a nice manilla envelope sealed and addressed - ready to go - except the postage. Always like using the automated machine at the local USPS, so I waited for the one person using it to finish up, then proceeded to weigh the envelope and answer all the questions about what the "package" looked like, what was inside, where it was going, and how I wanted to send it. After which, the machine printed the postage, I placed it on the envelope, and then I put the envelope in the drop box (making sure it went down into the drop bin).

... I got the envelope back today. Nice!

Not enough postage. "Please add additional postage (44 cents), remove this label, and place back in mail."

Thanks. Thank goodness that this wasn't a time-sensitive thing. But ...

Really, USPS?!?! Really?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment