Friday, June 3, 2011

The End of a Pirate's Journey ...

(The following is a letter that I wrote and handed to my A.D., as I informed him that I would not be returning next season.)

I am writing to inform you that I am officially resigning from my position as head baseball coach at Park Center Senior High effective June 3rd, 2011 and will not be signing a new contract for the 2011-2012 school year, even if so offered.

It is only after much thought and prayer that I arrive at this decision. My love of the game of baseball remains strong, as does my desire to work and help student-athletes improve; however, the satisfying experience that I once felt while coaching at Park Center has deteriorated to the point where I no longer feel that it is a rewarding position for me.

Thank you for the opportunity to be the head baseball coach at Park Center for the past three years, as well as the opportunity before that to work with the younger student-athletes at the b-squad level. It has been an educational, worthwhile experience overall and I appreciate the support I have received in trying to provide a good example for the students at Park Center of how to do things the right way.

I have attempted to leave things in an orderly fashion, with all equipment and other necessary items left in an organized manner. If my successor is in any need of help during the transition, I will be available to do what I can to keep Park Center Baseball running as smooth as possible.

Sincerely,
Robert A. Vitense

(I thank all those who read this blog and have supported me in my coaching experiences, as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment